Welcome to the BOCES STAFF ASSOCIATION of ROCKLAND COUNTY
June 22, 2014
Topics on the this page:
- VOTE! Results
- NYSUT supports teacher-evaluation deal
- Report on Attendance
- Governor Cuomo End of Session Report 2014
- People trust their teachers
- NYSUT 'White paper' calls for more CTE opportunities
- Personal Day Request Guidelines
NYSUT supports teacher-evaluation deal
Members who receive a "developing" or "ineffective" rating in 2013-14 or 2014-15 will see those ratings recalculated
and any portion based on the state's botched Common Core standardized tests will be removed.
Fairness absent from report on attendance
A poorly constructed and researched report out this week warrants, at best, a grade of “incomplete.”
At worst, the report gets an “F” for failing the test of accuracy, fairness and objectivity.
Governor Cuomo End of Session Report 2014
Independent poll affirms what we already know:
People trust their teachers
The results of an independent, wide-ranging poll affirmed what education unionists have been saying for years.
On education priorities, parents and the general public trust their teachers. One among many highlights:
82 percent agree implementation of Common Core has been rushed and confusing.
NYSUT 'White paper' calls for more CTE opportunities
NYSUT has produced a thoughtful, comprehensive report containing recommendations to expand and enhance Career and Technical Education opportunities for students. The report will be conveyed to the Regents at their meeting next week in Albany, shared with legislators and serve as the cornerstone for CTE advocacy in the months ahead.
Read the Report
PERSONAL DAY REQUEST GUIDELINES
| • Please submit all personal day requests as early as possible.
• When requesting a day with reason, you may be asked to supply additional information (i.e. wedding or graduation invitations, documentation of Doctor or other medical appointment). This request is not in violation of the contract language.
• Be as descriptive as possible to support your requested day (i.e. I need Friday to travel to an out of town wedding, family affair, etc. The event is 2, 3, 4 hours drive or I am flying to…).
• If you can supply appointment documentation prior to the day, please do so. If not, in most cases the day will be approved, with a request to provide supporting documentation. When entering the day into AESOP enter as Personal Day with reason and provide documentation after the fact. If you do not provide documentation you will be at risk for losing the day's pay.
• When providing personal information that you wish to keep confidential please write on the form that documentation will be provided. You may then interoffice, fax or scan and email the documentation directly to the superintendent's office.
• Under no circumstance do you have to respond to any inquiries made by clerical staff regarding your request. Clerical staff does not have to see your documentation nor do they have to keep a record of your documentation in their files. This is a violation of your HIPAA rights and by requesting this information that staff member could face legal action.
• Breast/Prostate Screenings- prior approval is NOT needed for this day. PLEASE enter the day into AESOP as soon as possible. Submit form and proof after the day is taken. You are allowed up to 4 hrs. (This is not a ½ day).
• If you have any questions, please see your building rep!!!!
Contents contained on this Staff Association website are provided on an “as is” basis. The Staff Association does not give or make any representation or warranty (either express or implied) as to the completeness, accuracy or reliability of the content of the website nor does the Staff Association accept any responsibility arising in any way (including from negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the content of this website.
The Staff Association is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed therein. Listing/Linking should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Staff association cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the listed/linked sites.