||Gates Chili Teachers' Association
||New York State United Teachers
||American Federation of Teachers
|New Teacher's Salary in Gates Chili
|Highest Teacher Salary on Step Schedule in Gates Chili
|Superintendent of Schools
Significant Union Events
A two- year contract for 1979-1980 and 1980-1981 was approved and ratified.
Significant Contract Changes
- Bereavement Leave (previously Death in the Family)- expanded definition
of family to include: sons and daughters-in-law, aunts, and uncles.
- Released Time for Parent Conferences-return to previous language permitting
use of substitutes for scheduling parent conferences during the school day,
or giving compensatory time to teachers for parent conferences conducted
after school hours.
- Teacher Work Year (previously Length of Year)- defines school year as
185 days, language added to shorten the last two days of school to half-day
sessions if all 180 required days are met.
- Salaries for Physical Education Centered Activities-language changed so
that pay for these activities is no longer a flat amount, but a percentage
of $10,084 based on eight experience increments. Salaries for Co-curricular
And Other Activities- additional positions for Hockey Club and DECA club
in the HS, and Ski Club in the Jr. High.
- Graduate Hours-new article requiring graduate hours beyond the BA or BS
to be in the general field of education and taken at a recognized educational
- Released time for Delegates-new language was added to include released
time for AFT delegates.